Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Garlic



Garlic was my other weapon of choice to combat my sore throat.  I usually eat garlic in my meals every day, but today I upped my dose.  I minced 3 cloves of raw garlic and put it in 2 cups of warm vegetable broth.  And for supper I minced at least 6 cloves of raw garlic and sprinkled it on top of my chilli (which was on top of my potato).  I love, love, love garlic and, thankfully, so do my daughters and my husband, because I add it to almost everything!  After drinking my garlic vegetable broth, my sore throat was completely gone! 

Here are two websites that discuss the benefits of garlic:



There are many other resources on the web regarding the benefits and uses garlic.

So add some raw garlic to your daily meals!  It not only adds flavor but has many health benefits as well.



1 comment:

Dear Diary.... said...

I've always known garlic to be great for the body, but wouldn't have thought of it for a sore throat. I will try that, because I've been having sore throats often, which also tells me I've been slacking on my probiotics.