Friday, January 6, 2012

Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes


Tonight I made crock pot scalloped potatoes, Boca "chicken" patties on homemade whole wheat buns, and spring mix salad with mushrooms, black olives, and onions.  The scalloped potatoes were modeled after what I saw my sister-in-law make for Christmas dinner.  I'm not sure of the exact ingredients she used, but it looked good, so I "veganized" it!  They turned out great!

Crock pot Scalloped Potatoes
Serves 6-8

4 Large potatoes, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
1 Onion, sliced
3 Cloves garlic, minced
Cracked pepper
8 oz Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
8 oz Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
Several tablespoons vegan margarine
Lots of chives
Dill weed
1 Cup vegetable broth
1 Cup Daiya shredded pepper jack cheese

Spray crock pot with non-stick spray.  Place potatoes, onions, and garlic in crock pot.  Place a couple tablespoons of margarine on potatoes.  In separate bowl, combine pepper, sour cream, cream cheese, chives, and dill weed.  Pour cream cheese mixture and vegetable broth over potatoes.  Add a couple more tablespoons of margarine on top.  Add cheese about 30-60 minutes before serving.  Cook on high about 3 hours, or until potatoes reach desired tenderness.  Cooking times/temps can be adjusted.  I stirred my potatoes occasionally and adjusted the temperature several times. 

2 comments:

KH said...

Good thinking with the vegetable broth. We're they delicious?

KH said...

That was were, my phone thought we're would be appropriate I guess.