Thursday, January 5, 2012

California Sandwich


I "Veganized" this recipe for California sandwiches on my homemade bread and served with a fruit salad.  It was so tasty, and a bit summery.  It must be all this warm, sunny weather we've been enjoying that has inspired me to make these summery dishes in January!

California Sandwiches
Serves 4+

1/2 Cup Veganaise
Bunch of fresh chives, chopped (doesn't have to be an exact amount, I used quite a few because I like the taste)
1 Clove garlic, minced
Fresh ground pepper to taste

1 Avocado, diced
1 Tomato, diced
1 Cucumber, diced
1/4 Onion, diced
1 Bunch cilantro, chopped
Fresh lime juice to taste
Fresh ground pepper to taste

1 carton broccoli sprouts

In small bowl, combine Veganaise, chives, garlic, and pepper.  In another bowl combine avocado, tomato, cucumber, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and pepper.  Spread chive mixture on bread and top with sprouts and avocado mixture.





1 comment:

Dear Diary.... said...

Where did you find the sprouts? I've looked all over this town for them, and can't find them. Did you sprout them yourself?