Sunday, January 15, 2012

Black Eyed Pea Dip

picture fromwww.tastygardner.com

Sorry, I didn't get a picture of the dip I made, I will get one next time because I will definitely be making this again!

Black Eyed Pea Dip
serves 10-12

3 Cups cooked black eyed peas, mashed
2 Cups cooked black eyed peas, whole
3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1-2 Tablespoons jalapenos, diced
1/2 Onion, diced
2/3 Cup salsa (can be mild, medium, or hot, depending on desired taste)
1 Tablespoon lime juice
2/3 Cup Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream
1-2 Cups Daiya Shredded Pepperjack Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
Hot sauce to taste (I use Cholula)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and spread in greased or non-stick shallow casserole dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until heated through.  I served this with tortilla chips. 

Note:  I prepared most of the ingredients in my food processor.  Also, the heat of this dip can vary depending on amount/type of peppers, salsa, and cheese used.  This can be served with a layer of salsa on top.  This is a great party appetizer.



No comments: