Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hot Chocolate Party 2012

On Saturday, we had our friends over for a hot chocolate party.  There was food, games, and, of course, hot chocolate!  Everything was Vegan and really yummy!
 
Apple Nachos
 
7-8 Apples, sliced
1/4-1/2 Cup dark chocolate chips, melted
Caramel agave sauce,
1/2 Cup walnuts, chopped
 
Arrange sliced apples on a large plate.  Drizzle melted chocolate and caramel over apples and top with walnuts.
 
Notes:  I used an apple corer/slicer that makes 8 apple wedges, which I then cut in half to make slices.  Peanuts, pecans, or almonds could also be used. 
 

Colorful Veggie Tray
Served veggies with spinach dip made with Tofutti Better Than Sour Cream.
 

Gingerbread Cookies
I followed this recipe, with a few exceptions.  I quadrupled the recipe, the dough did not need refrigerated, and I only used 11 cups of flour, instead of 12.  It makes a huge batch.  Now I have leftover dough in my fridge that I will bake later this week.
 

Creamy Vegan Crockpot Hot Chocolate
 
12 Cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 Cups French vanilla coconut milk creamer
1 Cup turbinado sugar
1 Cup cocoa powder
1.5 Tbs vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
 
Whisk all ingredients together in crockpot.  Cook on low for 4-6, stirring occasionally.
 

No comments: