Monday, December 17, 2012

Chickpea Potato Salad

I followed this recipe for the most part.  And even though I was tired and didn't feel like cooking when I got home from work today, I still made it and it really wasn't that time consuming at all.  It is very tasty and surprisingly filling!
 
 
Chickpea Potato Salad
serves 4
 
4 medium potatoes, cubed
15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cucumber, diced
3 handfuls of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 6oz  can black olives, sliced
1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup pepperoncini peppers, drained and sliced
2 1/2 Tbs chili garlic sauce
1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
 
Boil potatoes until tender-crisp.  While potatoes are boiling, place remaining ingredients in a large bowl.  Add drained potatoes to bowl and combine.
 
Notes:  This can be as spicy or as mild as you like, just add more or less of the chili garlic sauce.  My daughter can't handle much heat at all, so I didn't put any chili sauce on hers and she liked it just fine.

No comments: